Alternate Clarinet Fingering

• Since we cannot do custom fingerings yet, I would like to please request an alternate clarinet fingering which I think is more natural to the original instrument. Some of the individual notes can be used as alternate fingerings for notes in the current fingering as well.

C: [Left] Thumb, Index, Middle, Ring. [Right] Index, Middle, Ring, Pinky
    C#: [Left] Thumb, Index, Middle, Ring, Pinky. [Right] Index, Middle, Ring, Pinky
    (This more closely resembles the C and C# that I think most clarinetists use, and also makes fingering D and Eb easier)
    D: Current
    Eb: Current
    E: Current
    F: Current
    F#: Current AND [Left] Thumb, Index, Middle, Ring. [Right] Index, Ring
    (Allows for the alternate F# fingering available on clarinets).
    G: Current
    G#: Current
    Bb: Current AND [Left] Thumb, Index, Middle. [Right] Index
    (Adds an alternate, but very natural Bb fingering on the clarinet).
    B: Current
    C`: Current
    C`#: Current AND [Left] Thumb. [Right] Index.
    (Adds an alternate C# fingering also available on the clarinet)
    D`: An option to remove the alternate fingering with no fingers- I don't see the point, and I think it causes issues with playing C` occasionally.
    Eb`: Current AND [Left] Thumb, Middle, Ring. [Right] Pinky
    (Resembles an alternate fingering for Eb in the upper register on the clarinet).
    E`: Current
    F`: Current
    F#`: Current
    G`: Current

What do other clarinetists think?

• We will definitely have a look at this! I have passed it on to our developer.

Maxence
    Aodyo Instruments

• @Support_AODYO I was just thinking through this again, and realized that the C fingering I give above is the same as the Eb fingering, which is probably why the original C and C# fingerings were selected.

In that case, I think we would additionally need to adjust the Eb fingering above to be:

[Left] Thumb, Index, Middle, Ring, Pinky. [Right] Index, Middle, Ring

which doesn't have an analogue in the clarinet, but would make playing C, C#, D, and Eb (especially in rapid succession) easier.